Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bangs

Pin It Earrings: Von Maur
Shirt: Plato's Closet: Love on a Hanger
Belt: The Limited (Similar)
Skirt: Thrifted (Similar one & two)
Tights: Target
Shoes: Aldo (Similar one & two)
I have bangs again. I actually have had bangs for most of this year, but I haven't gotten my hair cut since December. (Yes I am due for one!) Hence, I have started trimming my own bangs, which is a big step for me. Usually I just trim them every other week and follow what the beautician has cut, but this time there was a good three inches that needed to come off, and I just went for it. This is not the first time that I have cut my hair. When I was three I took the scissors, hid in a corner and chopped. Needless to say my parents were not pleased and I sported a "creative" cut for a few months. Since then I have been a little more particular with my hair, but cutting my own bags was quite liberating. Have you ever cut your own hair and to what result?

3 comments:

  1. You know this, but I cut/trim my bangs myself all the time. I probably only go see the hairdresser three times a year tops! Just start cautiously and you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute! I always have disaster stories having hairdressers cut my bangs. I'm not sure why it's so hard. They always blow dry my bangs using a HUGE round brush, giving them an 80's blow out look. (The last hairdresser did this and was convinced I had a cowlick that couldn't be fixed. I kindly reminded him that the cowlick wasn't there before he touched them.) It happens so frequently!! Anyway, I'm always fine just trimming my bangs, it's when I want a change that scares me (thicker, straighter, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my hair cut in an angled chin length bob most recently and my hair dresser left these one pieces in front that were extra long which gave it a more funky look. Unfortunately those turned out to be the exact pieces of my hair that tend to go straight ;( so after a week or two I chopped 'em. Luckily it turned out okay. I think curly hair hides a less than ideal trim job....but I would be afraid 2 do my own bangs. Yours look good though!

    ReplyDelete