Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thrifty

Pin It
Shirt: Thrifted (Similar one & two)
Necklace: Target
Belt: The Limited (Similar)
Skirt: Thrifted (Similar)
Shoes: ? some store in SoHo (similar)
I love to thrift. I am one of those girls who has a lot of unusual pieces in her wardrobe, but sometimes lacks the practical (like a button down denim shirt, something in me refuses to pay full price even though I know it would be a well worn purchase.)

To me thrifting is an adventure that inspires problem solving and creativity. How can I accessorize or alter this to make it modern? While I might not "need" a striped power suit jacket or a houndstooth jumper, they add personality and spice up my wardrobe. I find thrifting is best when you are not in a hurry and are not looking for something specific. (I learned this the hard way.)

Both my shirt and skirt worn today are thrifted. I found them at the same place. That made styling this super easy but I often try to have a game plan of how I will wear something before I purchase it "try" (I am a sucker for most under $5 deals).

What is your favorite thrifted find?

No comments:

Post a Comment